Monday, November 15, 2010

Seinfeld Withdrawl

You know that feeling you get when you finally finish a project you've been slaving over for about a week or two? That strong exhalation of breath you make when you realize you no longer have to deal with such a big project. That was the feeling my group and I had after completing our presentation devoted to Seinfeld, and I'm pretty sure that we are all tired of watching the wild antics of these four friends...at least for now.  Overall, I think our presentation went really well.  I think the way we introduced our presentation was very clever, and it definitely gave us an edge. Basically, it was a stand-up routine imitating Jerry Seinfeld performed and written by yours truly.  After that, we began our discussions.  There were some brilliant points that were brought up, as well as some very specific ties to the Barker book. I would have to give major kudos to Rachelle and Sandy, who were basically the ones to lead our presentation, and keeping the flow of what we were discussing.  In my opinion, "The Deal" was the most successful episode we analyzed, as we engaged in the topic of sex, friends with benefits; there was a strong connection to this them and McDonald's book  "The Beard" was also another good episode we discussed, challenging the concept of homosexuality and whether it is a "choice" or not, as it was vaguely brought up through Jerry and Elaine arguing.  "Romantic Comedy," going on about sex having barriers, and only to find that it does not work out in the end. We made sure to ask questions, challenging the students in our class, and they brought up some really good points related to our subject.  As I mentioned, our presentation went very well, and I have to admit that even though I had a good time with my partners, I am relieved that it is finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment